Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Shikabala: I won’t leave Ismaily, Khedr a great replacement for Mido
Ismaily’s Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ insists that he won’t leave the club, after the resignation of former manager Mido following a heated row with club captain Hosni Abd-Rabo.
According to news outlet Al Masry Al Youm, Shikabala claimed, “I have a contract with Ismaily and I insist that I will commit to it. I want to show a unique standard with the club and help them to reach a high place in the table, to return to the African competitions.”
Shikabala is currently on loan from Zamalek until the end of the season, and so far he has managed to score two goals for El Daraweesh this season.
The 29-year-old attacker then praised Ashraf Khedr, who has been appointed as Ismaily’s interim manager.
“Khedr is one of the unique icons in Ismaily history. I believe in his ability to manage the team in this period. I expect we will get back to winning ways against Misr El-Maqassa, and forget about the loss against Petrojet.” he added.
“I’m very sad for his [Mido’s] departure. He was a good coach and we managed to get good results under him,” Shikabala concluded.
It worth noting that Mido handed in his resignation to the club president, just hours after the loss against Petrojet.
Ismaily are currently preparing for their upcoming match against Misr El-Maqassa, in the tenth round of the Egyptian Premier League.