Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Shikabala: I won’t leave Ismaily, Khedr a great replacement for Mido
Ismaily’s Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ insists that he won’t leave the club, after the resignation of former manager Mido following a heated row with club captain Hosni Abd-Rabo.
According to news outlet Al Masry Al Youm, Shikabala claimed, “I have a contract with Ismaily and I insist that I will commit to it. I want to show a unique standard with the club and help them to reach a high place in the table, to return to the African competitions.”
Shikabala is currently on loan from Zamalek until the end of the season, and so far he has managed to score two goals for El Daraweesh this season.
The 29-year-old attacker then praised Ashraf Khedr, who has been appointed as Ismaily’s interim manager.
“Khedr is one of the unique icons in Ismaily history. I believe in his ability to manage the team in this period. I expect we will get back to winning ways against Misr El-Maqassa, and forget about the loss against Petrojet.” he added.
“I’m very sad for his [Mido’s] departure. He was a good coach and we managed to get good results under him,” Shikabala concluded.
It worth noting that Mido handed in his resignation to the club president, just hours after the loss against Petrojet.
Ismaily are currently preparing for their upcoming match against Misr El-Maqassa, in the tenth round of the Egyptian Premier League.