Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
El-Nenny on Arsenal’s radar – Report
Following the midfield injury crisis the Gunners are currently facing, they could be weighing up a move for Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny to solve their problem.
According to British tabloid Daily Mirror, the Gunners are ready to make a move for FC Basel defensive midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny in the January transfer window, having watched the player last season.
Arsenal’s current midfield injury crisis may force Arsene Wenger to dip into the market in January following injuries to crucial players Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla. Arsenal’s cover in Mikel Arteta and Jack Wilshere are currently injured as well, with Wilshere being particularly injury prone.
Southampton’s Victor Wanyama has also been mentioned as an option for the Gunners boss, topping their wanted list, but Arsenal are reportedly reluctant to spend £25 million on the Kenyan defensive midfielder.
Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho is also being touted as a potential target for the Gunners, with the Portuguese player a long term interest for the London based side. Arsenal have been tracking him for the past two seasons but are also reluctant to meet Sporting Lisbon’s valuation of the midfielder.
It appears that Mohamed El-Nenny is the cheapest option, with a fee of around £5 million believed to be enough to prize the Egyptian away from his current side in comparison to the other two targets that are on the Gunners’ watch list.
Mohamed El-Nenny has won three league titles with his club FC Basel since joining in January 2013, becoming a regular first team player following some solid performances in the middle of the pitch for the current Swiss champions.