Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
El-Nenny on Arsenal’s radar – Report
Following the midfield injury crisis the Gunners are currently facing, they could be weighing up a move for Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny to solve their problem.
According to British tabloid Daily Mirror, the Gunners are ready to make a move for FC Basel defensive midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny in the January transfer window, having watched the player last season.
Arsenal’s current midfield injury crisis may force Arsene Wenger to dip into the market in January following injuries to crucial players Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla. Arsenal’s cover in Mikel Arteta and Jack Wilshere are currently injured as well, with Wilshere being particularly injury prone.
Southampton’s Victor Wanyama has also been mentioned as an option for the Gunners boss, topping their wanted list, but Arsenal are reportedly reluctant to spend £25 million on the Kenyan defensive midfielder.
Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho is also being touted as a potential target for the Gunners, with the Portuguese player a long term interest for the London based side. Arsenal have been tracking him for the past two seasons but are also reluctant to meet Sporting Lisbon’s valuation of the midfielder.
It appears that Mohamed El-Nenny is the cheapest option, with a fee of around £5 million believed to be enough to prize the Egyptian away from his current side in comparison to the other two targets that are on the Gunners’ watch list.
Mohamed El-Nenny has won three league titles with his club FC Basel since joining in January 2013, becoming a regular first team player following some solid performances in the middle of the pitch for the current Swiss champions.