Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Salah features in Guardian’s best 100 footballers in 2015
Mohamed Salah featured in Guardian’s best 100 footballers in the World in 2015, where he earned the 69th place above the likes of Franck Ribéry, Isco and Memphis Depay.
The Egyptian winger special season with the Italian sides ACF Fiorentina and AS Roma has earned him the 69th place in Guardian’s best 100 footballers in the World in 2015.
The 23-year-old joined ACF Fiorentina on loan from English side Chelsea in the January transfer window and helped them finishing fourth in the league, as well as reaching the semi-finals of the Europa League by scoring nine goals in 26 games for the Viola.
Salah’s brilliant three-month spell with Fiorentina made the Champions League side AS Roma sign him for a fee reported to be around €20 million, where he has already scored six goals in 19 games for Rudi Garcia’s side this season.
The former Basel player isn’t the only African player on the list as the Algeria duo Riyad Mahrez and Yacine Brahimi have also been featured on Guardian’s best 100 footballers in 2015.
Mahrez’s exceptional performances with Leicester City earned him the 97th place as he is helping his side have a historic year. The Foxes are currently top of the Premier League after 17 games and the Algerian is one of the main reasons behind that. Yacine Brahimi on the other hand got the 64th place after an impressive year with Porto.
It’s worth mentioning that Mohamed Salah has also been featured in FourFourTwo’s Best 100 Football Players in the World in 2015 where he earned the 100th place.