Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Zamalek withdraw decision to forfeit league
Zamalek withdraw their decision to forfeit the 2015/2016 Egyptian Premier League season.
Just one day after Zamalek announced that they will not continue playing in the Egyptian Premier League this season, following the team’s loss against Tala’a El-Gaish on Sunday, the Egyptian champions have gone back on their decision.
The club’s forfeit decision came in protest of the “arbitrary” refereeing in the team’s match against El-Gaish, according to Zamalek’s official statement.
However, the team’s board decided on Monday to withdraw their forfeit decision, after the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) confirmed that forfeiting team will be sent back to fourth tier of football. In addition, the team would have been forced to serve a one-year suspension from league football.
BREAKING: EFA confirm Zamalek will be sent back to the fourth tier of football if they forfeit the league.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 20, 2015
In a press conference on Tuesday, club president Mortada Mansour confirmed that the White Knights will indeed continue the season and play their next match against Ghazl El-Mahalla.
BREAKING: Mortada Mansour confirms Zamalek have withdrawn their from decision to quit the league & will play their next match vs El-Mahalla.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 22, 2015