An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Hosni Abd-Rabo suspended and fined by Ismaily
Following a live row between Ahmed Hossam Mido and Ismaily club captain and legend Hosni Abd-Rabo, the latter has been both fined and suspended by the club.
In the wake of the crisis that erupted between Ahmed Hossam Mido and club captain Hosni Abd-Rabo, which resulted in the resignation of the first, Ismaily have released an official statement which included major resolutions to the situation.
The club captain got hit by a 25% deduction from his dues, estimated at around 750 thousand Egyptian Pounds, while also getting banned from participating in the games.
Abd-Rabo will also face an interrogation, as he appeared on TV without authorisation from the club, while also attacking the head coach.
The board of directors also decided to ban Tarek Abd-Rabo from entering the club facilities, as he will also be facing an interrogation as a member of the general board.
” We took a number of decision earlier but did not announce them to give an opportunity for the governor to intervene to resolve the crisis.. But the insistence of both parties on their position triggered us to react as a board” said Mohamed Abo el-Seoud, president of the board of directors.
He then added, ” Abd-Rabo might end up facing more sanctions after the investigation.”