KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Hosni Abd-Rabo suspended and fined by Ismaily
Following a live row between Ahmed Hossam Mido and Ismaily club captain and legend Hosni Abd-Rabo, the latter has been both fined and suspended by the club.
In the wake of the crisis that erupted between Ahmed Hossam Mido and club captain Hosni Abd-Rabo, which resulted in the resignation of the first, Ismaily have released an official statement which included major resolutions to the situation.
The club captain got hit by a 25% deduction from his dues, estimated at around 750 thousand Egyptian Pounds, while also getting banned from participating in the games.
Abd-Rabo will also face an interrogation, as he appeared on TV without authorisation from the club, while also attacking the head coach.
The board of directors also decided to ban Tarek Abd-Rabo from entering the club facilities, as he will also be facing an interrogation as a member of the general board.
” We took a number of decision earlier but did not announce them to give an opportunity for the governor to intervene to resolve the crisis.. But the insistence of both parties on their position triggered us to react as a board” said Mohamed Abo el-Seoud, president of the board of directors.
He then added, ” Abd-Rabo might end up facing more sanctions after the investigation.”