Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
VIDEO: Magnificent Maqassa hit Ismaily for four
Misr El-Maqassa romped to an impressive 1-4 win against Ismaily in Ismailia on Wednesday, to momentarily return to the top of the league standings.
Just days after former manager Mido’s resignation from his post, Ismaily put in a poor performance at home to an inspired and clinical Maqassa side.
The visitors took the lead in the 39th minute after a wonderful passing move, one that culminated in right-back Mohamed Abou El-Magd squaring the ball across the area for Mahmoud Wahid, whose vicious strike flew into the roof of the net.
The Daraweesh equalised four minutes later through Marwan Mohsen, after the striker rose highest to head home from Saad Hosni’s long throw into the area.
Despite managing to head into the half-time break on level terms, Ismaily never looked assured and would be made to pay dearly in the second half.
Mohamed Gaber fired Ehab Galal’s men back into the lead 24 minutes into the second interval; the attacker found the bottom corner after Abdel-Latif Abou-Bakr’s free-kick hit the wall and rebounded.
Maqassa doubled their advantage seven minutes from time, when substiute Amr Barakat scored with his first touch of the match. The 2016 CAF Confederation Cup participants then rubbed more salt into their opponents wounds in stoppage time, as Wahid completed his brace with a tap-in from Nana Poku’s cross.
With this win, Maqassa retake the lead at the top of the Egyptian Premier League table, albeit with two more matches played than Dakhleya, who take on ENPPI on Friday.