Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Zamalek hammer Ghazl el-Mahalla 5-0
The game started evenly as both sides created several chances, with Ghazl el-Mahalla getting a free-kick as early as the second minute, which Shennawy saved steadily.
Ayman Hefny almost scored after 10 minutes, following an attack lead by Mekki and Kahraba. His shot went just a little over the right post.
Attempts from both sides kept on coming till the 32nd minute, when Ghazl el-Mahalla’s Mostafa Kalusha scored an own-goal, as a rebound from Omar Gaber’s shot.
Ahmed Hassan Mekki scored Zamalek’s second goal of the night in the 35th minute, following a breakthrough lead by Omar Gaber.
In the 43rd minute and right before half-time, Ayman Hefni played a perfect cross from the left side to Ahmed Hassan Mekki who scored the White’s third goal.
In the beginning of the second half, Ghazl el-Mahalla got a free-kick right outside the box which Kalusha chipped just beside the left post.
Zamalek’s fourth goal came in the 54th minute by Mahmoud Kahraba, following an attack lead by Hamoudi.
The referee awarded the Whites a free-kick in the 83rd minute, right outside the penalty box. Bassem Morsi’s shot hit the wall, but Mohamed Kofi blasted it right away to take Zamalek’s tally to five goals.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek now move to fourth in the league table with 16 points, while Ghazl el-Mahalla fell to the bottom of the league with only 3 points.