Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Zamalek hammer Ghazl el-Mahalla 5-0
The game started evenly as both sides created several chances, with Ghazl el-Mahalla getting a free-kick as early as the second minute, which Shennawy saved steadily.
Ayman Hefny almost scored after 10 minutes, following an attack lead by Mekki and Kahraba. His shot went just a little over the right post.
Attempts from both sides kept on coming till the 32nd minute, when Ghazl el-Mahalla’s Mostafa Kalusha scored an own-goal, as a rebound from Omar Gaber’s shot.
Ahmed Hassan Mekki scored Zamalek’s second goal of the night in the 35th minute, following a breakthrough lead by Omar Gaber.
In the 43rd minute and right before half-time, Ayman Hefni played a perfect cross from the left side to Ahmed Hassan Mekki who scored the White’s third goal.
In the beginning of the second half, Ghazl el-Mahalla got a free-kick right outside the box which Kalusha chipped just beside the left post.
Zamalek’s fourth goal came in the 54th minute by Mahmoud Kahraba, following an attack lead by Hamoudi.
The referee awarded the Whites a free-kick in the 83rd minute, right outside the penalty box. Bassem Morsi’s shot hit the wall, but Mohamed Kofi blasted it right away to take Zamalek’s tally to five goals.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek now move to fourth in the league table with 16 points, while Ghazl el-Mahalla fell to the bottom of the league with only 3 points.