Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Zamalek hammer Ghazl el-Mahalla 5-0
In their biggest win of the season, Zamalek hammered Ghazl el Mahalla 5-0 on Wednesday in week 10 of the Egyptian Premier League.
The game started evenly as both sides created several chances, with Ghazl el-Mahalla getting a free-kick as early as the second minute, which Shennawy saved steadily.
Ayman Hefny almost scored after 10 minutes, following an attack lead by Mekki and Kahraba. His shot went just a little over the right post.
Attempts from both sides kept on coming till the 32nd minute, when Ghazl el-Mahalla’s Mostafa Kalusha scored an own-goal, as a rebound from Omar Gaber’s shot.
Ahmed Hassan Mekki scored Zamalek’s second goal of the night in the 35th minute, following a breakthrough lead by Omar Gaber.
In the 43rd minute and right before half-time, Ayman Hefni played a perfect cross from the left side to Ahmed Hassan Mekki who scored the White’s third goal.
In the beginning of the second half, Ghazl el-Mahalla got a free-kick right outside the box which Kalusha chipped just beside the left post.
The referee awarded the Whites a free-kick in the 83rd minute, right outside the penalty box. Bassem Morsi’s shot hit the wall, but Mohamed Kofi blasted it right away to take Zamalek’s tally to five goals.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek now move to fourth in the league table with 16 points, while Ghazl el-Mahalla fell to the bottom of the league with only 3 points.