KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Amro Tarek set to leave Real Betis on loan
According to Spanish website Estadio Deportivo, out-of-favour full-back Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz is set to leave Real Betis during the January transfer window, in the hope he will gain more first-team football.
Real Betis may still believe in the Egyptian’s potential, but also feel he will benefit from getting some first-team appearances under his belt.
The Béticos could have already accepted an offer from an European club to sign the 23-year-old defender, but the club prefers loaning him to a second Spanish division (Liga Adelante) club to accelerate his adaptation.
However, Tarek traveled with his agents to an European country in order to join a second division team there. The Egyptian intends to begin training with that club immediately and won’t wait until the January transfer window.
Amro Tarek joined the newly-promoted team last summer for a fee reported to be around €300,000, but has found regular football hard to come by as he failed to feature in a single game with the team since his move from El-Gouna.