Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Amro Tarek set to leave Real Betis on loan
According to Spanish website Estadio Deportivo, out-of-favour full-back Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz is set to leave Real Betis during the January transfer window, in the hope he will gain more first-team football.
Real Betis may still believe in the Egyptian’s potential, but also feel he will benefit from getting some first-team appearances under his belt.
The Béticos could have already accepted an offer from an European club to sign the 23-year-old defender, but the club prefers loaning him to a second Spanish division (Liga Adelante) club to accelerate his adaptation.
However, Tarek traveled with his agents to an European country in order to join a second division team there. The Egyptian intends to begin training with that club immediately and won’t wait until the January transfer window.
Amro Tarek joined the newly-promoted team last summer for a fee reported to be around €300,000, but has found regular football hard to come by as he failed to feature in a single game with the team since his move from El-Gouna.