Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Amro Tarek set to leave Real Betis on loan
According to Spanish website Estadio Deportivo, out-of-favour full-back Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz is set to leave Real Betis during the January transfer window, in the hope he will gain more first-team football.
Real Betis may still believe in the Egyptian’s potential, but also feel he will benefit from getting some first-team appearances under his belt.
The Béticos could have already accepted an offer from an European club to sign the 23-year-old defender, but the club prefers loaning him to a second Spanish division (Liga Adelante) club to accelerate his adaptation.
However, Tarek traveled with his agents to an European country in order to join a second division team there. The Egyptian intends to begin training with that club immediately and won’t wait until the January transfer window.
Amro Tarek joined the newly-promoted team last summer for a fee reported to be around €300,000, but has found regular football hard to come by as he failed to feature in a single game with the team since his move from El-Gouna.