Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Amro Tarek set to leave Real Betis on loan
According to Spanish website Estadio Deportivo, out-of-favour full-back Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz is set to leave Real Betis during the January transfer window, in the hope he will gain more first-team football.
Real Betis may still believe in the Egyptian’s potential, but also feel he will benefit from getting some first-team appearances under his belt.
The Béticos could have already accepted an offer from an European club to sign the 23-year-old defender, but the club prefers loaning him to a second Spanish division (Liga Adelante) club to accelerate his adaptation.
However, Tarek traveled with his agents to an European country in order to join a second division team there. The Egyptian intends to begin training with that club immediately and won’t wait until the January transfer window.
Amro Tarek joined the newly-promoted team last summer for a fee reported to be around €300,000, but has found regular football hard to come by as he failed to feature in a single game with the team since his move from El-Gouna.