Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Ghazl El-Mahalla fans force a siege around club following Zamalek loss
Dozens of Ghazl El-Mahalla fans have gone and forced a siege around the club’s fences to express their anger following the team’s heavy 0-5 loss in the Egyptian Premier League to title holders Zamalek.
El-Mahalla suffered a humiliating 0-5 defeat from the Whites to remain sitting at the bottom of league table with just 3 points after 10 games played.
The club’s ultras group “Ultras Whales” chanted slogans against the club’s board, asking for their departure and demanding the sacking of the first team’s coaching staff as an attempt to keep El-Mahalla’s chances of surviving from relegation alive.
It’s worth mentioning that coach Ahmed Hassan has resigned from his post as Ghazl El-Mahalla manager after the team’s downfall against Zamalek on Wednesday night.