Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
El-Sheikh crowned 2015 Egyptian Golf champion
Alexandrian Mamdouh El-Sheikh crowned 2015 Amateur Golf Champion of Egypt.
Last Saturday marked the conclusion of the 2015 Egyptian Amateur Open Golf Championship held at the historical Gezira Sporting Club’s par-70 golf course in the heart of Cairo.
The Egyptian Amateur Open Golf Championship dates back to 1921 and is considered the national championship of golf in Egypt. The championship is one of the longest run sporting competitions in the country.
The iconic golf course at the prestigious Gezira Sporting Club is over a hundred years old. It is one of the oldest golf courses in Africa and the Middle East.
Alexandrian Mamdouh El-Sheikh won wire-to-wire to be crowned the 2015 Amateur Golf Champion of Egypt for the second year in a row cementing his position as one of Egypt’s elite golfers. El-Sheikh held his nerves and defended his title after an exciting battle with local star and national team partner AbdelMoniem El-Shafei on the final day of the tournament finishing 3 strokes better than his compatriot. Egyptian golfing legend and twenty time champion Amr Abou El Ela came in third a further 3 strokes adrift.
Over 50 players participated in the tournament including most of the national team members and juniors. The championship was successfully organized by the Egyptian Golf Federation and the Gezira Sporting Club golf committee – but would Egypt see an Egyptian golfer take part in Rio2016 Olympics?