Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
El-Sheikh crowned 2015 Egyptian Golf champion
Last Saturday marked the conclusion of the 2015 Egyptian Amateur Open Golf Championship held at the historical Gezira Sporting Club’s par-70 golf course in the heart of Cairo.
The Egyptian Amateur Open Golf Championship dates back to 1921 and is considered the national championship of golf in Egypt. The championship is one of the longest run sporting competitions in the country.
The iconic golf course at the prestigious Gezira Sporting Club is over a hundred years old. It is one of the oldest golf courses in Africa and the Middle East.
Alexandrian Mamdouh El-Sheikh won wire-to-wire to be crowned the 2015 Amateur Golf Champion of Egypt for the second year in a row cementing his position as one of Egypt’s elite golfers. El-Sheikh held his nerves and defended his title after an exciting battle with local star and national team partner AbdelMoniem El-Shafei on the final day of the tournament finishing 3 strokes better than his compatriot. Egyptian golfing legend and twenty time champion Amr Abou El Ela came in third a further 3 strokes adrift.
Over 50 players participated in the tournament including most of the national team members and juniors. The championship was successfully organized by the Egyptian Golf Federation and the Gezira Sporting Club golf committee – but would Egypt see an Egyptian golfer take part in Rio2016 Olympics?