Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Khedr blames Mido and Abd-Rabo for Ismaily loss
“Our performance was shaken by the recent problems in the club because all the players had seen what happened between Mido and Hosni Abd-Rabo,” he said.
“Some of our players were also fatigued and that was clear during the second and the third goal for El-Maqasa, even though we had warned our players about the tactics El-Maqasa usually use to score,” he added in a TV interview on TEN.
Khedr also added that the heavy defeat was not expected and the continuous chances missed by the players increases the pressure on them during these hard times.
“Shikabala was heavily affected by the departure of Mido even though he trained well during our match preparations,” he added.
Khedr concluded his talk by voicing out his hopes to have played the match in better circumstances.
“We have spoken to our players and tried to raise the morale in the past two days after the problems in the club, but any change, whether positive or negative would not have come out within just two days.”
As a result of the unrest caused at the club, Mido handed in his resignation while the club fined and suspended Abd-Rabo.