Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Khedr blames Mido and Abd-Rabo for Ismaily loss
“Our performance was shaken by the recent problems in the club because all the players had seen what happened between Mido and Hosni Abd-Rabo,” he said.
“Some of our players were also fatigued and that was clear during the second and the third goal for El-Maqasa, even though we had warned our players about the tactics El-Maqasa usually use to score,” he added in a TV interview on TEN.
Khedr also added that the heavy defeat was not expected and the continuous chances missed by the players increases the pressure on them during these hard times.
“Shikabala was heavily affected by the departure of Mido even though he trained well during our match preparations,” he added.
Khedr concluded his talk by voicing out his hopes to have played the match in better circumstances.
“We have spoken to our players and tried to raise the morale in the past two days after the problems in the club, but any change, whether positive or negative would not have come out within just two days.”
As a result of the unrest caused at the club, Mido handed in his resignation while the club fined and suspended Abd-Rabo.