Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Swiss reports: El-Nenny to fly back for Arsenal medical
Egyptian international Mohammed El-Nenny will tonight fly back to Switzerland as he is set to undergo his Arsenal medical, according to Basler Zeitung.
El-Nenny is currently in Egypt on holiday after assisting the current Swiss champions top the league into the winter break.
The 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder has been hugely impressive for FC Basel, helping them top their Europa League group whilst scoring 3 goals in his last 5 games in all competitions.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 13, 2015
It is worth noting that English newspaper The Mirror recently reported that Arsenal were interested in El-Nenny and were monitoring the Egyptian international.
El-Nenny initially joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season. The Egyptian has gone on to make 144 appearances in three seasons with the club – winning the league title in each season – and has since renewed his contract until 2018.
In an interview with KingFut.com, the midfielder spoke of his development at FC Basel, playing in the Champions League and his future career ambitions – naming FC Barcelona as his dream club.
UPDATE (26, 12, 2015): The Mirror report the fee is believed to be in the region of £5m and it is also likely to be the only deal Arsenal complete in the January transfer window.