AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Swiss reports: El-Nenny to fly back for Arsenal medical
Egyptian international Mohammed El-Nenny will tonight fly back to Switzerland as he is set to undergo his Arsenal medical, according to Basler Zeitung.
El-Nenny is currently in Egypt on holiday after assisting the current Swiss champions top the league into the winter break.
The 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder has been hugely impressive for FC Basel, helping them top their Europa League group whilst scoring 3 goals in his last 5 games in all competitions.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 13, 2015
It is worth noting that English newspaper The Mirror recently reported that Arsenal were interested in El-Nenny and were monitoring the Egyptian international.
El-Nenny initially joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season. The Egyptian has gone on to make 144 appearances in three seasons with the club – winning the league title in each season – and has since renewed his contract until 2018.
In an interview with KingFut.com, the midfielder spoke of his development at FC Basel, playing in the Champions League and his future career ambitions – naming FC Barcelona as his dream club.
UPDATE (26, 12, 2015): The Mirror report the fee is believed to be in the region of £5m and it is also likely to be the only deal Arsenal complete in the January transfer window.