Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Swiss reports: El-Nenny to fly back for Arsenal medical
Egyptian international Mohammed El-Nenny will tonight fly back to Switzerland as he is set to undergo his Arsenal medical, according to Basler Zeitung.
El-Nenny is currently in Egypt on holiday after assisting the current Swiss champions top the league into the winter break.
The 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder has been hugely impressive for FC Basel, helping them top their Europa League group whilst scoring 3 goals in his last 5 games in all competitions.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 13, 2015
It is worth noting that English newspaper The Mirror recently reported that Arsenal were interested in El-Nenny and were monitoring the Egyptian international.
El-Nenny initially joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season. The Egyptian has gone on to make 144 appearances in three seasons with the club – winning the league title in each season – and has since renewed his contract until 2018.
In an interview with KingFut.com, the midfielder spoke of his development at FC Basel, playing in the Champions League and his future career ambitions – naming FC Barcelona as his dream club.
UPDATE (26, 12, 2015): The Mirror report the fee is believed to be in the region of £5m and it is also likely to be the only deal Arsenal complete in the January transfer window.