Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: Étoile smash Espérance to maintain lead at top of Ligue 1
Star man Hamza Lahmar continued his magnificent form this season with a brace, before Ahmed Akaichi finished off the visitors early in the second half to wrap up the points.
Ghazi Abderrazek stormed into the area in the 27th minute and was caught by a late challenge, which prompted the referee to point to the spot. Lahmar stepped up, and sent Moez Ben Cherifia the wrong way to open the scoring for the hosts.
The 25-year-old waited just six minutes before making his second crucial intervention in the match; after being cynically fouled by Chamseddine Dhaouadi more than 35 yards out, he dusted himself off before finding the lower right corner, despite the despairing Cherifia’s best efforts to keep it out.
The 2015 CAF Confederation Cup winners killed off Espérance just nine minutes after the break; a lightning-quick counterattack in which man-of-the-match Lahmar was inevitably involved ended with Akachi finding the far bottom corner with a quality finish after Alaya Brigui released him down the left.
With this result, Étoile return to the top of the Ligue 1 table with 28 points from 11 matches, ahead of CS Sfaxien on goal difference. Espérance remain in third place with 24 points, but have a match in hand over their two title rivals.