Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Shikabala to leave Ismaily, Al Masry possible destination
Just days after Ismaily accepted the resignation of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, it has been revealed that Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will be returning to Zamalek 6 months before the end of his season-long loan.
Zamalek are reportedly considering loaning out Shikabala once again in January; the 29-year-old winger has been linked to both Ittihad and Al Masry.
Speaking after his side’s 0-0 draw with Entag on Friday, Masry manager Hossam Hassan welcomed the possibility of Shikabala turning out for the Port Said-based outfit for the rest of the season.
“I haven’t approached Shikabala because I respect Ismaily, but if he doesn’t stay I’ll start negotiations with Zamalek for his services this season,” Hassan said.
“I know Shikabala’s abilities very well and he’ll be very welcome here,” he concluded.
Shikabala’s last appearance for the club was against Misr El-Maqqasa last week, when Ismaily were thrashed 1-4.
The Aswan-born attacker featured in five of Ismaily’s eight matches this season, scoring two goals and grabbing a handful of assists.
Ismaily currently sit in seventh place, with 13 points.