The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
Shikabala to leave Ismaily, Al Masry possible destination
Just days after Ismaily accepted the resignation of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, it has been revealed that Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will be returning to Zamalek 6 months before the end of his season-long loan.
Zamalek are reportedly considering loaning out Shikabala once again in January; the 29-year-old winger has been linked to both Ittihad and Al Masry.
Speaking after his side’s 0-0 draw with Entag on Friday, Masry manager Hossam Hassan welcomed the possibility of Shikabala turning out for the Port Said-based outfit for the rest of the season.
“I haven’t approached Shikabala because I respect Ismaily, but if he doesn’t stay I’ll start negotiations with Zamalek for his services this season,” Hassan said.
“I know Shikabala’s abilities very well and he’ll be very welcome here,” he concluded.
Shikabala’s last appearance for the club was against Misr El-Maqqasa last week, when Ismaily were thrashed 1-4.
The Aswan-born attacker featured in five of Ismaily’s eight matches this season, scoring two goals and grabbing a handful of assists.
Ismaily currently sit in seventh place, with 13 points.