After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Shikabala to leave Ismaily, Al Masry possible destination
Just days after Ismaily accepted the resignation of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, it has been revealed that Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will be returning to Zamalek 6 months before the end of his season-long loan.
Zamalek are reportedly considering loaning out Shikabala once again in January; the 29-year-old winger has been linked to both Ittihad and Al Masry.
Speaking after his side’s 0-0 draw with Entag on Friday, Masry manager Hossam Hassan welcomed the possibility of Shikabala turning out for the Port Said-based outfit for the rest of the season.
“I haven’t approached Shikabala because I respect Ismaily, but if he doesn’t stay I’ll start negotiations with Zamalek for his services this season,” Hassan said.
“I know Shikabala’s abilities very well and he’ll be very welcome here,” he concluded.
Shikabala’s last appearance for the club was against Misr El-Maqqasa last week, when Ismaily were thrashed 1-4.
The Aswan-born attacker featured in five of Ismaily’s eight matches this season, scoring two goals and grabbing a handful of assists.
Ismaily currently sit in seventh place, with 13 points.