Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Swindon Town’s Rodgers Praises El-Abd
El-Abd joined Swindon Town last October on loan from Bristol City. Since then, the 31-year-old Egyptian defender has been a key figure in the club’s recent matches under manager Martin Ling.
Anton Rodgers believes that El-Abd is the perfect man who has come in at the perfect time for Swindon, having trained alongside him at Brighton and Hove Albion previously. “He’s a top man and he’s exactly the same with me here as he was at Brighton.” he told the local press.
“I was eighteen at the time and coming through and trying to break into the first-team, but they were doing really well. He’s a top man and he’s been fantastic for us.” he added.
Rodgers ended his remarks by saying that El-Abd is the type of player they need in the squad. “I can’t speak any higher of him, he’s the type of player we need in the group, he’s been very good for us.” he concluded.
It is worth noting that El-Abd is set to return to Bristol City on the 3rd of January at the end of the loan.