Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Swindon Town’s Rodgers Praises El-Abd
El-Abd joined Swindon Town last October on loan from Bristol City. Since then, the 31-year-old Egyptian defender has been a key figure in the club’s recent matches under manager Martin Ling.
Anton Rodgers believes that El-Abd is the perfect man who has come in at the perfect time for Swindon, having trained alongside him at Brighton and Hove Albion previously. “He’s a top man and he’s exactly the same with me here as he was at Brighton.” he told the local press.
“I was eighteen at the time and coming through and trying to break into the first-team, but they were doing really well. He’s a top man and he’s been fantastic for us.” he added.
Rodgers ended his remarks by saying that El-Abd is the type of player they need in the squad. “I can’t speak any higher of him, he’s the type of player we need in the group, he’s been very good for us.” he concluded.
It is worth noting that El-Abd is set to return to Bristol City on the 3rd of January at the end of the loan.