Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Swindon Town’s Rodgers Praises El-Abd
El-Abd joined Swindon Town last October on loan from Bristol City. Since then, the 31-year-old Egyptian defender has been a key figure in the club’s recent matches under manager Martin Ling.
Anton Rodgers believes that El-Abd is the perfect man who has come in at the perfect time for Swindon, having trained alongside him at Brighton and Hove Albion previously. “He’s a top man and he’s exactly the same with me here as he was at Brighton.” he told the local press.
“I was eighteen at the time and coming through and trying to break into the first-team, but they were doing really well. He’s a top man and he’s been fantastic for us.” he added.
Rodgers ended his remarks by saying that El-Abd is the type of player they need in the squad. “I can’t speak any higher of him, he’s the type of player we need in the group, he’s been very good for us.” he concluded.
It is worth noting that El-Abd is set to return to Bristol City on the 3rd of January at the end of the loan.