Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mido questions Abd-Rabo’s loyalty towards Ismaily
After Hosni Abd-Rabo criticized Mido’s career abroad, labeling it as fake, Mido replied by critiquing his loyalty to Ismaily and his career abroad.
“Ismaily fans know that you’ve never won a title for the club, and the money you’ve brought to the club came from loan deals that benefited you financially,” said Mido.
“He claims to be loyal, but demanded 3,300,000 Egyptian Pounds upon renewing his contract otherwise he wouldn’t attend training.
Mido then revealed that Abd-Rabo had signed for Al Ahly, but didn’t finalize the deal after Ismaily fans threatened him.
“He pled with Ismaily fans to allow him to leave, and he only stayed after receiving millions of Egyptian Pounds to stay. Players like Francesco Totti and Danielle De Rossi were offered more, but refused to leave AS Roma.
“Abd-Rabo received part of his first payment after signing for Al Ahly, but he feared for his family’s life,” claimed Mido.
Replying to Abd-Rabo’s comment on his career abroad, Mido said: “My career is fake? Am I the one who joined a team struggling in the relegation zone and appeared mediocre between them? Or am I the one who played for the likes of Tottenham, Marseille, Roma, Celta Vigo, and Ajax? His pictures in a Strasbourg jersey looks funny.”
Finally, Mido claimed that Abd-Rabo’s achievements with the Egypt national team weren’t deserved.
“The only reason he achieved things with the national team is because of his father’s position in management. He has two Africa Cup of Nations medals, and I won one too in 2006,” Mido concluded.