Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Mohamed Zidan faces dismissal from Entag El-Harby
Entag El-Harby’s star summer signing, Mohamed Zidan, is likely to be expelled from the club after failing to make an impact and causing a spell of issues.
Zidan’s commitment to his new club has been highly criticized, and thus, he faces the possibility of having his contract terminated.
Entag’s board director Khaled Mahdi said, “The board may sanction him or just cancel his contract. He has not adapted to the club, and he has failed to honor his contractual obligations. He has not been to training for three days now.”
Zidan played for a number of German clubs including Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV and Borussia Dortmund. He also represented the national team in various competitions and had an important role in Hassan Shehata’s squad who won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and 2010.
In 2012 he transfered to Baniyas who accused him of faking an injury. He later filed a complaint against the club and won a compensation. This is his first season back in football since his Baniyas issue.