Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
REPORT: Warda’s form attracts interest from Portugal and France
Vangelis Michos revealed information about the 22-year-old Egyptian in an interview with Agrinio Sports, including Warda’s new nickname: Pharaoh.
With the appointment of Ioannis Matzourakis, Amr Warda has been improving and putting in great performances with the team, helping him to a national team call up.
“The manager is very happy with him. His quickness and strength are what any manager wants for his team’s success,” he said.
“Matzourakis played Warda on the sides instead of his preferred central position and it paid off.
Michos made it clear that Panetolikos has profited from Warda, but insisted that the club will not try to sell him for financial reasons.
“His market value in the past summer transfer window was 50,000 Euros and now it’s 250,000. If he continues his form, his price will increase.”
Despite playing in the Greek Super League for around four months, the Egyptian playmaker has already attracted a lot of attention.
“Greece’s top three, Olympiacos, PAOK, and AEK, have all made their interest clear, but other teams like Espanyol, Marseille, and SC Braga are also scouting him,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Amr Warda joined Panetolikos from Cairo giants Al Ahly on a free transfer.