Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
REPORT: Warda’s form attracts interest from Portugal and France
Vangelis Michos revealed information about the 22-year-old Egyptian in an interview with Agrinio Sports, including Warda’s new nickname: Pharaoh.
With the appointment of Ioannis Matzourakis, Amr Warda has been improving and putting in great performances with the team, helping him to a national team call up.
“The manager is very happy with him. His quickness and strength are what any manager wants for his team’s success,” he said.
“Matzourakis played Warda on the sides instead of his preferred central position and it paid off.
Michos made it clear that Panetolikos has profited from Warda, but insisted that the club will not try to sell him for financial reasons.
“His market value in the past summer transfer window was 50,000 Euros and now it’s 250,000. If he continues his form, his price will increase.”
Despite playing in the Greek Super League for around four months, the Egyptian playmaker has already attracted a lot of attention.
“Greece’s top three, Olympiacos, PAOK, and AEK, have all made their interest clear, but other teams like Espanyol, Marseille, and SC Braga are also scouting him,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Amr Warda joined Panetolikos from Cairo giants Al Ahly on a free transfer.