Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
REPORT: Warda’s form attracts interest from Portugal and France
Vangelis Michos revealed information about the 22-year-old Egyptian in an interview with Agrinio Sports, including Warda’s new nickname: Pharaoh.
With the appointment of Ioannis Matzourakis, Amr Warda has been improving and putting in great performances with the team, helping him to a national team call up.
“The manager is very happy with him. His quickness and strength are what any manager wants for his team’s success,” he said.
“Matzourakis played Warda on the sides instead of his preferred central position and it paid off.
Michos made it clear that Panetolikos has profited from Warda, but insisted that the club will not try to sell him for financial reasons.
“His market value in the past summer transfer window was 50,000 Euros and now it’s 250,000. If he continues his form, his price will increase.”
Despite playing in the Greek Super League for around four months, the Egyptian playmaker has already attracted a lot of attention.
“Greece’s top three, Olympiacos, PAOK, and AEK, have all made their interest clear, but other teams like Espanyol, Marseille, and SC Braga are also scouting him,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Amr Warda joined Panetolikos from Cairo giants Al Ahly on a free transfer.