Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Al Ahly held to 0-0 draw by Wadi Degla
Al Ahly dropped two important points as they failed to capitalize from numerous chances on Wadi Degla’s goal.
Wadi Degla XI: El-Hadary, Adel, Ragab Nabil, Abdel-Fadil, Mamdouh, Abdel-Fattah, ISaleh, Arafat, Karim Walid, Galal, El-Gabbas.
Al Ahly XI: Ekramy; Fathi, Hegazy, Naguib, Rahil; Ashour, Ghaly; Ramadan Sobhy, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman; Evouna.
Al Ahly started the match on the right foot, threatening El-Hadary’s goal as early as the second minute when Abdallah El-Said tried to cross the ball into the box but the 42-year-old goalkeeper tipped it away. In the eleventh minute, a well-played counter attack left the ball with El-Said, who struck the ball but El-Hadary tipped it over the bar.
In the 16th minute, Sabry Rahil’s ground shot hit the post to the left of El-Hadary. One minute later, Hossam Ghaly attempted a shot, but El-Hadary came out on top once again. Al Ahly’s players continued to bombard Wadi Degla’s goal with shots. In the 38th minute, Saleh Gomma replaced an injured Hossam Ashour. The last chance of the first half saw Ghaly hit the left post again, and then Evouna’s rebound went wide.
Al Ahly continued its dominance in the second half, but El-Hadary continued his amazing performance. In the 56th minute, El-Hadary saved a shot from Evouna and followed it up with another save. Wadi Degla’s first substitution saw Mostafa Talat replace Ayman Adel.
Saleh Gomaa was booked for simulation and within ten minutes, he was sent off for another yellow card. Despite playing a man down, Al Ahly continued their dominance in front of goal. In the 70th minute, Momen Zakaria replaced Walid Soliman. In the 86th minute, Ahmed Hegazy received the ball inside the box, but his shot went over the bar. In stoppage time, Wadi Degla’s Mohamed Sherif received his second yellow for simulation.
With this draw, Al Ahly sit in ninth place with 13 points, while Wadi Degla sit in 13th, with nine points.