The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
EXCLUSIVE | El-Nenny to sign Arsenal contract on Wednesday
The Gunners have agreed terms with the 23-year-old, as well as his club FC Basel over a move in the winter transfer window, with the player due his medical tests on Tuesday, the 29th of December, in Paris.
Following his medical, the player will sign his Arsenal contract on Wednesday, the 30th of December in Switzerland, KingFut understands.
Arsenal will reportedly pay a fee of £5 million which could rise up to £7 million to the Swiss club to acquire the midfielder’s services.
El-Nenny initially joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season. The Egyptian has gone on to make 144 appearances in three seasons with the club – winning the league title in each season – and has since renewed his contract until 2018.
In an interview with KingFut.com, the midfielder spoke of his development at FC Basel, playing in the Champions League and his future career ambitions – naming FC Barcelona as his dream club.
Ironically, El-Nenny will now have the chance to face the club he wished to play for in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 after Arsenal were drawn against Barcelona.