Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Trezeguet makes Anderlecht debut in close win
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ made his much-anticipated Anderlecht debut on Sunday evening, coming on as a second-half substitute.
RSC Anderlecht defeated KVC Westerlo 2-1 thanks to goals from Stefano Chuka Okaka and Guillaume Gillet.
Nigerian-Italian Okaka opened the scoring just before the whistle for half-time, to send his side into the break with an advantage.
Jens Cools equalised for the visitors nine minutes into the second interval, before Gillet scored from the spot to restore his side’s advantage.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 27, 2015
Trezeguet came off the bench to replace Dodi Lukebakio in the 82nd minute, and made an instant impact, skilfully nutmegging an opposing defender just seconds after entering the match.
The hosts played out the remainder of the match successfully, as Trezeguet combined with Okaka and Defour down the right in several passing sequences.
The win takes Anderlecht into second place, ahead of Club Brugge, and two points behind league leaders Gent, who have 43 points after 21 matches played.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht on loan from Al Ahly last summer.