The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
EAC decision to dissolve Ahly board reversed after appeal
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) has decided to reverse the decision to dissolve Al Ahly’s board after accepting the club’s appeal.
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) announced on Sunday the decision to dissolve the club’s board due to illegitimate elections that resulted in Mahmoud Taher assuming the role of club president. The club’s legal consultant, Helmy Abd El-Razzak, revealed that the club wold appeal the verdict, and said appeal was accepted by the EAC early on Monday.
The Court announced its decision due to several alleged violations that took place during the process of the elections. The violations include the changing of the committee, which is affiliated with a judicial organization, which supervised the elections. The committee was found to be completely changed on 16 January 2014, after the date of its appointment, which has prompted the Court to announce the invalidity of the elections.
The reversal of the decision today means than the sentence to dismantle the board will be suspended until the EAC’s new verdict.