An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
EAC decision to dissolve Ahly board reversed after appeal
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) has decided to reverse the decision to dissolve Al Ahly’s board after accepting the club’s appeal.
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) announced on Sunday the decision to dissolve the club’s board due to illegitimate elections that resulted in Mahmoud Taher assuming the role of club president. The club’s legal consultant, Helmy Abd El-Razzak, revealed that the club wold appeal the verdict, and said appeal was accepted by the EAC early on Monday.
The Court announced its decision due to several alleged violations that took place during the process of the elections. The violations include the changing of the committee, which is affiliated with a judicial organization, which supervised the elections. The committee was found to be completely changed on 16 January 2014, after the date of its appointment, which has prompted the Court to announce the invalidity of the elections.
The reversal of the decision today means than the sentence to dismantle the board will be suspended until the EAC’s new verdict.