Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
EAC decision to dissolve Ahly board reversed after appeal
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) has decided to reverse the decision to dissolve Al Ahly’s board after accepting the club’s appeal.
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) announced on Sunday the decision to dissolve the club’s board due to illegitimate elections that resulted in Mahmoud Taher assuming the role of club president. The club’s legal consultant, Helmy Abd El-Razzak, revealed that the club wold appeal the verdict, and said appeal was accepted by the EAC early on Monday.
The Court announced its decision due to several alleged violations that took place during the process of the elections. The violations include the changing of the committee, which is affiliated with a judicial organization, which supervised the elections. The committee was found to be completely changed on 16 January 2014, after the date of its appointment, which has prompted the Court to announce the invalidity of the elections.
The reversal of the decision today means than the sentence to dismantle the board will be suspended until the EAC’s new verdict.