Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
EAC decision to dissolve Ahly board reversed after appeal
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) has decided to reverse the decision to dissolve Al Ahly’s board after accepting the club’s appeal.
The Egyptian Administrative Court (EAC) announced on Sunday the decision to dissolve the club’s board due to illegitimate elections that resulted in Mahmoud Taher assuming the role of club president. The club’s legal consultant, Helmy Abd El-Razzak, revealed that the club wold appeal the verdict, and said appeal was accepted by the EAC early on Monday.
The Court announced its decision due to several alleged violations that took place during the process of the elections. The violations include the changing of the committee, which is affiliated with a judicial organization, which supervised the elections. The committee was found to be completely changed on 16 January 2014, after the date of its appointment, which has prompted the Court to announce the invalidity of the elections.
The reversal of the decision today means than the sentence to dismantle the board will be suspended until the EAC’s new verdict.