Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Elmohamady’s Hull City lose away to Preston North End
Egypt’s Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes and received a booking as Hull City suffered a 1-0 loss away to Preston North End.
After the important win on the Boxing Day against Burnley, the Tigers were looking for a win away to Preston, that would temporarily propel them into second place.
However, Hull fell to their third successive away loss (after losing at Leeds and Rotherham United). The Tigers have now only gained one point from their last four away games.
The two teams were separated by Paul Gallagher’s single strike; he met Daniel Johnson’s free-kick with into McGregor’s net in the 66th minute to gift his team the three points.
In the 96th minute, a frustrated Elmohamady was shown a yellow card following a bad foul.
Hull’s loss sees them remain in third place with 44 points after 26 games.
The Tigers will travel to London on the first day of 2016 to face Queens Park Rangers.