Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Nassredine Nabi appointed new Ismaily manager
Tunisian Nasrredine Nabi has been appointed new Ismaily manager, following the resignation of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido.’
Less than one week after Mido’s resignation, the Dervishes have decided on a new manager: Tunisian Nasrredine Nabi.
Nabi’s biggest success as manager came in 2012 when he led Congo’s AC Leopards to the CAF Confederation Cup title. Most recently, Nabi managed Sudan’s Hilal for seven months.
“I am happy to be the first-ever Tunisian to manage a club in the Egyptian Premier League. It will be an important step in my career after my previous job with Hilal. Even though I was only there for seven months, it has been successful,” Nabi said.
He continued, “I will come to Ismaily soon, and I hope to be present in the stadium for the next match, against ENPPI. I will officially take over training for the match against Police Union.”
Meanwhile, Ismaily president Mahmoud Aboul-Soud confirmed that they were priced out of hiring former Zamalek manager Jorvan Vieira. “Jorvan Vieira wants to get paid $30,000 per month, with two months up front,” Aboul-Soud said.
Ismaily currently sit in eighth place of the Egyptian Premier League, with 11 points from eight games.