Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Adam El-Abd on verge of Swindon Town loan extension
Egyptian central defender Adam El-Abd has been contributing well with Swindon Town; proving his worth since joining from Bristol City on an emergency loan in October. The Brighton & Hove Albion club legend impressed both Martin Ling, the club’s manager, and Lee Power, the club’s chairman, during his loan spell thus far.
Both the manager and the chairman are keen to extend the player’s loan with the club until the end of the season, after the performances of the 31-year-old Egyptian with the team, who has started in every League One game since his arrival.
In an interview with BBC Wiltshire, Lee Power said: “We have agreed with Bristol City to take him on loan for the rest of the season.”
“There is a verbal agreement and we have been on direct contact with them over the loan deal, however; it is only a matter of time to fulfill the paperwork,” he continued.
He also praised the Egyptian central defender, “Adam has been a great player for us this season.”
“We are sure about the players that we needed to have conversations with them, in order to let them know of our future plans. And these players are Louis Thompson, Ben Gladwin and Adam El-Abd, hopefully things go according to the plan and we see these players here till the end of the season,” he concluded.