Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Adam El-Abd on verge of Swindon Town loan extension
Swindon Town chairman Lee Power has confirmed that an agreement has been reached over the loan extension of Egypt defender Adam El-Abd.
Egyptian central defender Adam El-Abd has been contributing well with Swindon Town; proving his worth since joining from Bristol City on an emergency loan in October. The Brighton & Hove Albion club legend impressed both Martin Ling, the club’s manager, and Lee Power, the club’s chairman, during his loan spell thus far.
Both the manager and the chairman are keen to extend the player’s loan with the club until the end of the season, after the performances of the 31-year-old Egyptian with the team, who has started in every League One game since his arrival.
In an interview with BBC Wiltshire, Lee Power said: “We have agreed with Bristol City to take him on loan for the rest of the season.”
“There is a verbal agreement and we have been on direct contact with them over the loan deal, however; it is only a matter of time to fulfill the paperwork,” he continued.
He also praised the Egyptian central defender, “Adam has been a great player for us this season.”
“We are sure about the players that we needed to have conversations with them, in order to let them know of our future plans. And these players are Louis Thompson, Ben Gladwin and Adam El-Abd, hopefully things go according to the plan and we see these players here till the end of the season,” he concluded.