Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Karam Gaber to miss Rio 2016 Olympics
Two-time Olympic medalist has been suspended for two years on 27 August 2015 for violating the anti-doping rules, as he has repeatedly missed the usual doping tests conducted by the World Wrestling Federation.
The Egyptian Wrestling Federation was also fined 20,000 Swiss Franc (around 160,000 EGP) after Gaber had been charged to have either failed to file required whereabouts information or missed the doping tests.
In response, the 36-year-old submitted an appeal hoping to have the chance to participate in the Rio 2016 Olympics, however, his appeal was rejected with the suspension set to expire on 27 August 2017.
Gaber is one of Egypt’s most decorated Olympians as he won the gold medal in the Men’s Greco-Roman 96 kg at the 2004 Summer Olympics before winning a silver in the 84 kg category at the 2012 London Olympics.