Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Karam Gaber to miss Rio 2016 Olympics
Egypt’s Greco-Roman wrestler Karam Gaber will miss Rio De Janiero 2016 Olympics, after the Court of Arbitration for Sports rejected his appeal against his two year suspension.
Two-time Olympic medalist has been suspended for two years on 27 August 2015 for violating the anti-doping rules, as he has repeatedly missed the usual doping tests conducted by the World Wrestling Federation.
The Egyptian Wrestling Federation was also fined 20,000 Swiss Franc (around 160,000 EGP) after Gaber had been charged to have either failed to file required whereabouts information or missed the doping tests.
In response, the 36-year-old submitted an appeal hoping to have the chance to participate in the Rio 2016 Olympics, however, his appeal was rejected with the suspension set to expire on 27 August 2017.
Gaber is one of Egypt’s most decorated Olympians as he won the gold medal in the Men’s Greco-Roman 96 kg at the 2004 Summer Olympics before winning a silver in the 84 kg category at the 2012 London Olympics.