Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Karam Gaber to miss Rio 2016 Olympics
Two-time Olympic medalist has been suspended for two years on 27 August 2015 for violating the anti-doping rules, as he has repeatedly missed the usual doping tests conducted by the World Wrestling Federation.
The Egyptian Wrestling Federation was also fined 20,000 Swiss Franc (around 160,000 EGP) after Gaber had been charged to have either failed to file required whereabouts information or missed the doping tests.
In response, the 36-year-old submitted an appeal hoping to have the chance to participate in the Rio 2016 Olympics, however, his appeal was rejected with the suspension set to expire on 27 August 2017.
Gaber is one of Egypt’s most decorated Olympians as he won the gold medal in the Men’s Greco-Roman 96 kg at the 2004 Summer Olympics before winning a silver in the 84 kg category at the 2012 London Olympics.