Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Paqueta hit by EGP 45K fine
Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta has been handed a 45K fine after skipping three post match conferences in a row, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
After Zamalek’s 1-1 draw against Petrojet in game week 11, the newly appointed manager didn’t show up to the post match conference.
Board member of the EFA Seif Zaher told Al Hayat TV channel that the 57-year-old manager will face an EGP 15k fine for each press conference that he missed.
“According to the EFA regulations, Paqueta will be fined 45K for missing the post match conference for three matches in a row,” he said
The former Zamalek player Hazem Emam criticised Paqueta’s actions, saying that the post match conferences are for the benefit of the team.
“It is unacceptable that a manager refuses to attend the post match conference. Every manager needs to show up to the media at least once a week to disclose any speculations or rumors surrounding the team,” said Emam.
Zamalek board will reportedly pay the fines imposed on the Brazilian coach.