Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Paqueta hit by EGP 45K fine
Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta has been handed a 45K fine after skipping three post match conferences in a row, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
After Zamalek’s 1-1 draw against Petrojet in game week 11, the newly appointed manager didn’t show up to the post match conference.
Board member of the EFA Seif Zaher told Al Hayat TV channel that the 57-year-old manager will face an EGP 15k fine for each press conference that he missed.
“According to the EFA regulations, Paqueta will be fined 45K for missing the post match conference for three matches in a row,” he said
The former Zamalek player Hazem Emam criticised Paqueta’s actions, saying that the post match conferences are for the benefit of the team.
“It is unacceptable that a manager refuses to attend the post match conference. Every manager needs to show up to the media at least once a week to disclose any speculations or rumors surrounding the team,” said Emam.
Zamalek board will reportedly pay the fines imposed on the Brazilian coach.