The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Paqueta hit by EGP 45K fine
Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta has been handed a 45K fine after skipping three post match conferences in a row, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
After Zamalek’s 1-1 draw against Petrojet in game week 11, the newly appointed manager didn’t show up to the post match conference.
Board member of the EFA Seif Zaher told Al Hayat TV channel that the 57-year-old manager will face an EGP 15k fine for each press conference that he missed.
“According to the EFA regulations, Paqueta will be fined 45K for missing the post match conference for three matches in a row,” he said
The former Zamalek player Hazem Emam criticised Paqueta’s actions, saying that the post match conferences are for the benefit of the team.
“It is unacceptable that a manager refuses to attend the post match conference. Every manager needs to show up to the media at least once a week to disclose any speculations or rumors surrounding the team,” said Emam.
Zamalek board will reportedly pay the fines imposed on the Brazilian coach.