Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Paqueta hit by EGP 45K fine
Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta has been handed a 45K fine after skipping three post match conferences in a row, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
After Zamalek’s 1-1 draw against Petrojet in game week 11, the newly appointed manager didn’t show up to the post match conference.
Board member of the EFA Seif Zaher told Al Hayat TV channel that the 57-year-old manager will face an EGP 15k fine for each press conference that he missed.
“According to the EFA regulations, Paqueta will be fined 45K for missing the post match conference for three matches in a row,” he said
The former Zamalek player Hazem Emam criticised Paqueta’s actions, saying that the post match conferences are for the benefit of the team.
“It is unacceptable that a manager refuses to attend the post match conference. Every manager needs to show up to the media at least once a week to disclose any speculations or rumors surrounding the team,” said Emam.
Zamalek board will reportedly pay the fines imposed on the Brazilian coach.