Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Paqueta hit by EGP 45K fine
Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta has been handed a 45K fine after skipping three post match conferences in a row, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
After Zamalek’s 1-1 draw against Petrojet in game week 11, the newly appointed manager didn’t show up to the post match conference.
Board member of the EFA Seif Zaher told Al Hayat TV channel that the 57-year-old manager will face an EGP 15k fine for each press conference that he missed.
“According to the EFA regulations, Paqueta will be fined 45K for missing the post match conference for three matches in a row,” he said
The former Zamalek player Hazem Emam criticised Paqueta’s actions, saying that the post match conferences are for the benefit of the team.
“It is unacceptable that a manager refuses to attend the post match conference. Every manager needs to show up to the media at least once a week to disclose any speculations or rumors surrounding the team,” said Emam.
Zamalek board will reportedly pay the fines imposed on the Brazilian coach.