AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Jebrin: Mido is the best coach I have ever worked with
The former Trabzonspor player has revealed his fury about the departure of Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ as the head coach of Ismaily after a row with the club captain Hosni Abd-Rabo.
“Yes Mido was just like a father to me. He is the best coach I have ever worked with. When I learnt that he has finally resigned, I felt sick but I knew it was part of the game. His departure was clear because he had hinted that he would leave,” Torric Jebrin told Ghanasoccernet.com
“I wish he had not resigned but he had already made up his mind. I paid him a special visit in Cairo and we spoke. Am not happy about his departure but i can choose him as the best coach in my career now”
The Ghanaian midfielder hailed the club’s board for quickly replacing Mido after Ismaily replaced the former Tottenham forward with the Tunisian Nasrredine Nabi after less than one week.
“Even though I am sad that Mido left, I must commend the board for taking such a swift decision. We are in a good position on the league table and the decision can help us sustain that,” the Ghanaian added
Ismaily are currently ninth in the Egyptian Premier League, with 13 points from eight games.
“It is good that they did not leave the team like that for a long time before naming a coach. We hope to continue our impressive performance under our new coach.”
The 24-year-old joined Ismaily last summer for free after the Turkish side Bucaspor terminated his contract due to lack of playing time.