Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Wenger: We cannot announce anything about El-Nenny
Arsene Wenger has revealed that the transfer of Mohamed El-Nenny is not done yet, adding that the Gunners will be looking to recruit players in January.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said that the signing of the Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny has not been completed yet and that he is working hard to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.
”I’ll be busy, that’s for sure, I am already busy and I said already one month ago we are a bit short to deal with all the competitions we face, especially in midfield. We will be busy, yes,” said Wenger.
When the French manager was asked about whether the Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny has undergone a medical with the Gunners or not he said: ”You know more than I do. Unfortunately we cannot announce anything at the moment about this player [El-Nenny] because nothing has been concluded.”
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny has been linked with a move to the London side to provide cover in midfield following the injuries to Francis Coquelin, Santi Cazorla, Tomáš Rosický, Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal have agreed terms with the 23-year-old, as well as his club over a move in the January transfer window, KingFut understands.
The Gunners are currently top of the Premier League after 19 games and will hope to continue their fine form when they face Newcastle at home on Saturday.