AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Al Ahli Jeddah win derby, reach Crown Prince Cup final
Once again, Mohamed Abel-Shafy didn’t make the squad; the Egyptian left-back hasn’t yet been declared fit, as he recovers from a knee injury which has kept him out of his side’s last three games.
The game, which was held in King Abdallah stadium, saw Ittihad dominate. The Tigers had enough chances to secure the win, but failed to translate their control and possession into goals, thanks to Ahli Goalkeeper Yasser Al Mosailem heroics.
The only goal of the game came in the 44th minute; Muhannad Assiri met a long ball in the box to find teammate Hamad, who finished with aplomb to secure his team’s qualification to their 13th Crown Prince Cup final.
Al Ahli will face the winner of Al Hilal – Al Shabab, which will be played on Friday in Riyadh.