Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Al Ahli Jeddah win derby, reach Crown Prince Cup final
Once again, Mohamed Abel-Shafy didn’t make the squad; the Egyptian left-back hasn’t yet been declared fit, as he recovers from a knee injury which has kept him out of his side’s last three games.
The game, which was held in King Abdallah stadium, saw Ittihad dominate. The Tigers had enough chances to secure the win, but failed to translate their control and possession into goals, thanks to Ahli Goalkeeper Yasser Al Mosailem heroics.
The only goal of the game came in the 44th minute; Muhannad Assiri met a long ball in the box to find teammate Hamad, who finished with aplomb to secure his team’s qualification to their 13th Crown Prince Cup final.
Al Ahli will face the winner of Al Hilal – Al Shabab, which will be played on Friday in Riyadh.