Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Al Ahli Jeddah win derby, reach Crown Prince Cup final
Once again, Mohamed Abel-Shafy didn’t make the squad; the Egyptian left-back hasn’t yet been declared fit, as he recovers from a knee injury which has kept him out of his side’s last three games.
The game, which was held in King Abdallah stadium, saw Ittihad dominate. The Tigers had enough chances to secure the win, but failed to translate their control and possession into goals, thanks to Ahli Goalkeeper Yasser Al Mosailem heroics.
The only goal of the game came in the 44th minute; Muhannad Assiri met a long ball in the box to find teammate Hamad, who finished with aplomb to secure his team’s qualification to their 13th Crown Prince Cup final.
Al Ahli will face the winner of Al Hilal – Al Shabab, which will be played on Friday in Riyadh.