Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Zamalek reappoint Mohamed Salah as assistant coach
Former Zamalek player Mohamed Salah has been reappointed as Zamalek’s assistant coach, following the departure of both assistant coaches Tarek Mostafa and Samy El-Shishiny, according to news reports.
Mostafa and El-Shishiny, who were appointed as the team’s interim coaches following the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira, submitted their resignation on Monday.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has reportedly decided to change the coaching staff due to lack of communication between the assistant coaches and the Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta.
Mostafa said in press statements following his resignation that he was repeatedly attacked since his appointment as assistant coach at Zamalek.
“This attack was for the benefit of certain people, and it appears that it succeeded. The fans became sure that I am the one who is taking decisions in the team, while my opinion is just advisory,” Mostafa said.
The newly appointed assistant coach was announced as the manager of second division side FC Masr in September.
He had previous stints with Zamalek; he was appointed as a caretaker upon the departure of Jaime Pacheco and as an assistant coach in the technical staff of former Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam Mido.