Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egypt’s Mohamed El-Nenny passes Arsenal medical
As revealed by KingFut days ago, the 23-year-old was due to undergo his Arsenal medical in Paris last Tuesday.
The box-to-box midfielder begun his tests for the Gunners late afternoon on Tuesday and came through them with no qualms about his health or fitness.
El-Nenny is now set to sign his Arsenal contract in Zürich, a deal which is believed will cost the North London club in the region of £7 million.
The FC Basel player will sign a four-and-a-half year deal with the English Premier League title contenders, subject to receiving his work permit.
Although there are issues, receiving a work permit should not be an problem for Mohamed El-Nenny as he has participated in 15 of the Egypt national team’s 17 matches over the past two years (more than the minimum requirement of 75%). Arsenal will first have to go through an appeal process, though, as the regulations for being granted a work permit have changed this year, requiring the player’s country to be ranked by FIFA among the top 50 nations – rather than the top 70 – while the Pharaohs are currently ranked 57th in the world.
It is worth mentioning that the Egyptian was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014.