Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Egypt’s Mohamed El-Nenny passes Arsenal medical
As revealed by KingFut days ago, the 23-year-old was due to undergo his Arsenal medical in Paris last Tuesday.
The box-to-box midfielder begun his tests for the Gunners late afternoon on Tuesday and came through them with no qualms about his health or fitness.
El-Nenny is now set to sign his Arsenal contract in Zürich, a deal which is believed will cost the North London club in the region of £7 million.
The FC Basel player will sign a four-and-a-half year deal with the English Premier League title contenders, subject to receiving his work permit.
Although there are issues, receiving a work permit should not be an problem for Mohamed El-Nenny as he has participated in 15 of the Egypt national team’s 17 matches over the past two years (more than the minimum requirement of 75%). Arsenal will first have to go through an appeal process, though, as the regulations for being granted a work permit have changed this year, requiring the player’s country to be ranked by FIFA among the top 50 nations – rather than the top 70 – while the Pharaohs are currently ranked 57th in the world.
It is worth mentioning that the Egyptian was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014.