Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
Ahmed El-Ahmar, Ihab Abdelrahman honored by Youth and Sports Radio
The Egyptian Youth and Sports Radio has named Ihab Abdelrahman and Ahmed El-Ahmar as the Athletes of the Year in 2015.
Zamalek and Egypt handball player, Ahmed El-Ahmar, was recognized by the Youth and Sports Radio as the best athlete in 2015, in team sports other than football, while Ihab Abdelrahman was named the Athlete of the Year in individual sports.
Abdelrahman qualified for the 2016 Olympics in Rio after winning Egypt’s first-ever World Athletics Championships medal in the Javelin throw in Beijing 2015.
El-Ahmar’s award was mainly for his performances in October, when he led Zamalek to win the African Handball Champions League in Morocco, just months after rejoining Zamalek after a stint in Germany. He also participated with Egypt at the 2015 World Cup in Doha, Qatar.
El-Ahmar’s reasons for returning to the Whites are that he wants to win the African Handball Cup of Nations with Egypt in January, qualify to the 2016 Olympics in Rio and beat Espérance Sportive de Tunis in the African Super Cup so that he can feature in the Club World Cup with Zamalek once again.
Youth and Sports Radio Football awards:
Al Ahly’s Hossam Ghaly won the Player of the Year after a strong calendar year for Al Ahly in the middle of the park.
Misr El-Maqassa’s Ehab Galal was named as the Coach of the Year, after his team’s excellent performances over the past 12 months.