Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Ahmed El-Ahmar, Ihab Abdelrahman honored by Youth and Sports Radio
The Egyptian Youth and Sports Radio has named Ihab Abdelrahman and Ahmed El-Ahmar as the Athletes of the Year in 2015.
Zamalek and Egypt handball player, Ahmed El-Ahmar, was recognized by the Youth and Sports Radio as the best athlete in 2015, in team sports other than football, while Ihab Abdelrahman was named the Athlete of the Year in individual sports.
Abdelrahman qualified for the 2016 Olympics in Rio after winning Egypt’s first-ever World Athletics Championships medal in the Javelin throw in Beijing 2015.
El-Ahmar’s award was mainly for his performances in October, when he led Zamalek to win the African Handball Champions League in Morocco, just months after rejoining Zamalek after a stint in Germany. He also participated with Egypt at the 2015 World Cup in Doha, Qatar.
El-Ahmar’s reasons for returning to the Whites are that he wants to win the African Handball Cup of Nations with Egypt in January, qualify to the 2016 Olympics in Rio and beat Espérance Sportive de Tunis in the African Super Cup so that he can feature in the Club World Cup with Zamalek once again.
Youth and Sports Radio Football awards:
Al Ahly’s Hossam Ghaly won the Player of the Year after a strong calendar year for Al Ahly in the middle of the park.
Misr El-Maqassa’s Ehab Galal was named as the Coach of the Year, after his team’s excellent performances over the past 12 months.