KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
VIDEO: Fathi rescues a point for Zamalek against high-flying Maqassa
Mostafa Fathi’s last-gasp equaliser spared Zamalek’s blushes in their ‘home’ encounter against Misr El-Maqassa in the 12th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
.@ZSCOfficial XI vs Misr El-Maqassa: Shennawy; Gaber, Dweidar, Gabr, Tolba; Ibrahim Salah, Hamed, Kahraba, Hamoudi, Hefny; Salem.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 2, 2016
Misr El-Maqassa were moments away from a historic win on Saturday evening, but Marcos Paquetá’s side found a stoppage time equaliser to share the spoils.
Manager of the Year Ehab Galal‘s men took the lead less than three minutes into the match; Mahmoud Abdel-A’aty’s wonder strike from about 30 yards out rendered Ahmed El-Shennawy helpless.
Zamalek equalised in the 36th minute through Ayman Hefny, after the diminutive attacker was released down the right. He then cut inside and placed a solid shot into the bottom corner and reacted with muted celebrations against his former club.
Maqassa retook the lead on the hour mark, however, as Omar El-Najdi found the empty net after an initial long-range effort rebounded off the bar and into his path.
However, a win was not on the cards for the Fayoum-based club; substitute Mostafa Fathi beat goalkeeper Mahmoud Hamdy with a first-time chip in the sixth minute of stoppage time to grab a point for the Whites.
Zamalek remain in fourth place with three matches in hand, while Maqassa are still in first place after Dakhleya could only draw with Al Masry, although Dakhleya have a match in hand.