Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Islam Gamal returns to Zamalek after Smouha loan collapse
Despite Smouha and Zamalek agreeing the terms of the loan deal till the end of this season weeks ago Smouha manager Mimi Abdel-Razek had the final say and opted against retaining the player.
Islam has been training with Smouha squad for two weeks now, but apparently he did not impress the 56-year-old coach who wants to sign another player who may be more useful to the club.
Zamalek now will be in trouble to have Islam Gamal back as they already filled his spot in the squad list by reacalling Shikabala from his Ismaily loan and also signing Ramzy Khaled to back up the backline.
Gamal’s loan spell at Smouha was expected to be a 6-month period lasting till the end of the season, after Zamalek president Mortada Mansour gave his consent over the move.