KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Shikabala aims to win trophies with Zamalek
Zamalek winger Mahmoud Abdel-Razek Shikabala has expressed his hope to win trophies with the White Castle after terminating his Ismaily loan spell.
Shikabala’s decision to end his loan with Ismaily came after former player and manager Ahmed Hossam Mido resigned from his post as Ismaily manager.
“Returning to Zamalek is normal; it is my boyhood team. My target in the upcoming period is to help the club win more trophies,” Shikabala told Zamalek official website.
Zamalek had re-signed the adept winger from Sporting Lisbon this summer on a five-year deal. He however joined Ismaily on a one-year loan deal upon the request of former Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira.
“I will do my best to be ready soon, in order to meet the expectations of the board members who believed in me,” he added.
“Fans pin high hopes on me, and that’s why I will focus all my efforts on winning trophies,” he concluded.
The 30-year-old player has been chosen by Zamalek manager Marcos Paqueta in the squad list set to face Misr El-Maqassa Saturday in the twelfth round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Shikabala, who scored two goals and made three assists with Ismaily this season, replaced Islam Gamal in the Zamalek’s list. Alaa’s agent however denied the player’s departure, insisting that he has a five-year contract with Zamalek.