Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Steve Gohouri found dead in river
Former Wigan and Borussia Mönchengladbach defender Steve Gohouri was found dead in River Rhine, Germany, three weeks after he was reported missing.
On December 11th, Gohouri was attending his current fourth division German’s side, TSV’s Christmas party, and was due to fly to France right after to see his family.
Having not turned up to see them, his family sent in a “missing person” report in hopes to find him.
After three weeks, German police confirmed today, January 2nd, Steve Gohouri’s death with no indication of violence or foul play.
The body was discovered on January 1st in Dusseldorf and was later identified as Gohouri.
Former club Wigan Athletic tweeted earlier their condolences on the passing of Gohouri stating: “We are saddened to hear reports of our former defender Steve Gohouri passing away. Our thoughts are with his family.”
Surely after, his current club, TSV, would respond to his death stating: “TSV Steinbach football club mourns its player Steve Gohouri.”
“It is this afternoon certain that Steve Gohouri has died at the age of 34. This was confirmed by the Dusseldorf Police to TSV Steinbach.
“All managers, players, coaches and assistants at TSV Steinbach are very concerned about the death of Steve Gohouri. Our thoughts in these difficult hours are with his family.”
So sad about this news😤😡😤😡😢😢😢😢 lost one of my soldier, Côte d'Ivoire lost one of his most loyal son. My thoughts goes to the family. R.I.P. Bro 💔 Je suis sans mots devant cette nouvelle 💔. L'équipe nationale de côté d'ivoire est en deuil, j'ai perdu un de mes plus fidèles soldats, mes condoléances à toute la famille, reposes en paix mon frère. 😡😤😡😤😤😡😤😪😪😪😪😪😪🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮
Dusseldorf police confirmed there was nothing Gohouri was possibly involved in that could have led to his death.
Gohouri featured for his national team, Ivory Coast, in 2010 and two years later would join Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv. He also had a loan spell in Greece before entering his retirement stages in Germany.