Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Wenger: We aren’t in a position where we can say we signed anybody
Arsene Wenger refused to offer any new updates on the Mohamed El-Nenny deal in his post-match press conference, admitting that he will be looking to recruit players.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger gave a little away when he was asked about the speculation linking the Gunners with a move for Egypt international midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny, adding that he is “out there to get somebody.”
Mohamed El-Nenny have agreed the personal terms and successfully passed his medical to join the Gunners, but didn’t receive the work permit yet, KingFut can confirm.
When the French manager was asked after the Newcastle game if there was any new updates on the Mohamed El-Nenny deal or not he replied: “No. I have nothing to say because he [El-Nenny] is not our player and we have not signed anybody and we are not imminently in a position where we can say we signed anybody.”
”We’re out there to get somebody but at the moment we haven’t signed anybody,” Arsene Wenger added.
Former Arab Contractors midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny has been linked with a move to the Premier League leaders to provide cover in midfield following the injuries to Francis Coquelin, Santi Cazorla, Tomáš Rosický, Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta.
The Gunners strengthened their position at the top of the league with a narrow 1-0 win over struggling Newcastle and their next game will be on Saturday when they face Sunderland in the FA Cup.