Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Abeid brace sinks Warda’s Panetolikos
Mehdi Abeid scored twice for Panathinaikos in their 4-2 comeback victory over Amr Warda’s Panetolikos in the Greek Super League on Monday.
Egypt’s international Amr Warda saw 90 minutes of action for Panetolikos, but could not do enough to prevent his side from losing.
Lucas Villafanez scored as early as the second minute to surprisingly put visiting Panetolikos in front, but the euphoria of their lead was short-lived; Algerian international forward Abeid scored an equalizer for the hosts four minutes later.
Panathinaikos capitalized on the momentum to put themselves in front, as Mladen Petric struck in the 11th minute to give his side the lead for the first time in the game.
Marko Markovski’s 16th minute goal for the visitors helped ensure Panathinaikos lead didn’t last long, as both teams went into the break on level terms.
Panathinaikos restored their lead six minutes into the resumption of the second half courtrsy of a goal from Petric. The visitors tried unsuccessfully to get back in the game, and their hopes were thwarted when Abeid scored in the 90th minute to seal the win.
The result moved Panathinaikos to third place on the league table with 28 points from 16 games, they are however 20 points behind front runners Olympiakos, who are yet to drop any points this season. Meanwhile, Panetolikos remain in 13th place with 16 points from 16 matches.