Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Abeid brace sinks Warda’s Panetolikos
Mehdi Abeid scored twice for Panathinaikos in their 4-2 comeback victory over Amr Warda’s Panetolikos in the Greek Super League on Monday.
Egypt’s international Amr Warda saw 90 minutes of action for Panetolikos, but could not do enough to prevent his side from losing.
Lucas Villafanez scored as early as the second minute to surprisingly put visiting Panetolikos in front, but the euphoria of their lead was short-lived; Algerian international forward Abeid scored an equalizer for the hosts four minutes later.
Panathinaikos capitalized on the momentum to put themselves in front, as Mladen Petric struck in the 11th minute to give his side the lead for the first time in the game.
Marko Markovski’s 16th minute goal for the visitors helped ensure Panathinaikos lead didn’t last long, as both teams went into the break on level terms.
Panathinaikos restored their lead six minutes into the resumption of the second half courtrsy of a goal from Petric. The visitors tried unsuccessfully to get back in the game, and their hopes were thwarted when Abeid scored in the 90th minute to seal the win.
The result moved Panathinaikos to third place on the league table with 28 points from 16 games, they are however 20 points behind front runners Olympiakos, who are yet to drop any points this season. Meanwhile, Panetolikos remain in 13th place with 16 points from 16 matches.