Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns’...
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
Peseiro: Al Ahly deserved to win
Al Ahly manager Jose Peseiro claimed that his team deserved the win on Sunday, praising the players who are fighting for the title.
Emad Metab’s header in the 6th minute of additional time gave Al Ahly three precious points against Entag El-Harby in the 12th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“In the first half, they were the better side and hit the post; it wasn’t what I asked for. We controlled the game in the second half and had many chances. In the last 20 minutes, we took complete control of the game and managed to score a late winner. The win is fair to us,” Peseiro told the media in the post-match press conference.
“Entag defended well all over the game. We managed to beat a tough opponent and the players showed that they are fighting for the title,” Peseiro added.
Al Ahly manager criticized PetroSport’s pitch, and claimed that it is unsuitable for good football.
“You have seen today’s field. You can’t expect good performances with that. We played only for the win not for the performance. This problem should be solved and the pitch should be improved or we have to choose another stadium,” Peseiro reveled.
Peseiro also talked about the complaints about the referee describing them as “unreasonable”.
“The referee gave six minutes as additional time, and we scored in the fifth minute. I don’t understand the objections. I think there must be some protection for the referees; what happened today never happens in Europe,” Peseiro concluded.