Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Mortada Mansour: Mido and Hazem Emam have the most experience
Mortada Mansour, Zamalek’s president, met with the players and media to announce the White Knights’ new managerial team, consisting mainly of Hazem Emam and Mido.
Mansour said, “Most of the players already know Mido from the time he was either a player or a coach and know the way he works.”
The infamous club president continued, “I have the best players in the history of Egyptian football and I am positive about the future.”
He continued to state, “The new managing team includes the best previous football stars in Egypt with the best experiences, as Mido already played in most of the European leagues and the talented Hazem Emam in Italy.”
Mansour also said that Mido picked the whole managing team and the board members did not reject any of his choices.
Zamalek sacked Marcos Paqueta and hired Mido after the Brazilian coach was only able to lead the team to two wins in his first five games, while also drawing two and losing one. Zamalek currently sit in sixth place, but they have 3 games in hand of first-place Misr El-Maqassa.