Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Mortada Mansour: Mido and Hazem Emam have the most experience
Mortada Mansour, Zamalek’s president, met with the players and media to announce the White Knights’ new managerial team, consisting mainly of Hazem Emam and Mido.
Mansour said, “Most of the players already know Mido from the time he was either a player or a coach and know the way he works.”
The infamous club president continued, “I have the best players in the history of Egyptian football and I am positive about the future.”
He continued to state, “The new managing team includes the best previous football stars in Egypt with the best experiences, as Mido already played in most of the European leagues and the talented Hazem Emam in Italy.”
Mansour also said that Mido picked the whole managing team and the board members did not reject any of his choices.
Zamalek sacked Marcos Paqueta and hired Mido after the Brazilian coach was only able to lead the team to two wins in his first five games, while also drawing two and losing one. Zamalek currently sit in sixth place, but they have 3 games in hand of first-place Misr El-Maqassa.