The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Mortada Mansour: Mido and Hazem Emam have the most experience
Mortada Mansour, Zamalek’s president, met with the players and media to announce the White Knights’ new managerial team, consisting mainly of Hazem Emam and Mido.
Mansour said, “Most of the players already know Mido from the time he was either a player or a coach and know the way he works.”
The infamous club president continued, “I have the best players in the history of Egyptian football and I am positive about the future.”
He continued to state, “The new managing team includes the best previous football stars in Egypt with the best experiences, as Mido already played in most of the European leagues and the talented Hazem Emam in Italy.”
Mansour also said that Mido picked the whole managing team and the board members did not reject any of his choices.
Zamalek sacked Marcos Paqueta and hired Mido after the Brazilian coach was only able to lead the team to two wins in his first five games, while also drawing two and losing one. Zamalek currently sit in sixth place, but they have 3 games in hand of first-place Misr El-Maqassa.