Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Mortada Mansour: Mido and Hazem Emam have the most experience
Mortada Mansour, Zamalek’s president, met with the players and media to announce the White Knights’ new managerial team, consisting mainly of Hazem Emam and Mido.
Mansour said, “Most of the players already know Mido from the time he was either a player or a coach and know the way he works.”
The infamous club president continued, “I have the best players in the history of Egyptian football and I am positive about the future.”
He continued to state, “The new managing team includes the best previous football stars in Egypt with the best experiences, as Mido already played in most of the European leagues and the talented Hazem Emam in Italy.”
Mansour also said that Mido picked the whole managing team and the board members did not reject any of his choices.
Zamalek sacked Marcos Paqueta and hired Mido after the Brazilian coach was only able to lead the team to two wins in his first five games, while also drawing two and losing one. Zamalek currently sit in sixth place, but they have 3 games in hand of first-place Misr El-Maqassa.