The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Karim Hafez strikes in Omonia cup victory
Karim Hafez scored his side first goal in the 50th minute; the Egyptian’s low cross from a free-kick was deflected past the helpless goalkeeper and into the back of the net.
Omonia’s second goal came five minutes later, as Portuguese midfielder Margaca doubled his team’s lead and sealed the win.
Omonia’s victory gives them a big advantage ahead of the second leg on the 20th.
The Nicosia-based outfit can now afford a draw or a one-goal defeat and still progress to the quarter-finals.
The youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK, and his performance today is the latest in a string of impressive showings since joining the Cypriot side.