Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Mido: First game as Zamalek manager is a great success
Newly appointed Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam Mido outlined his side’s positives in his first match since returning to the White Castle on Khaled El-Ghandour’s televised show.
Mido had been appointed as manager of the first team, replacing Marcos Paqueta, less than a month after parting ways with Ismaily’s board under tense conditions.
Less than 24 hours after getting the job, Mido faced undefeated side Dakhleya in the Egyptian Premier League, but the former Spurs and Roma striker successfully led Zamalek to a 2-0 win.
“We have gained many positives from our victory over Dakhleya,” declared Mido. “The first positive is the players’ regaining of morale following recent upsetting results.”
“Secondly, the players showed great chemistry and character on the field, passing the ball around in close range,” he explained. “Thirdly, we successfully pressured and regained ball possession in dangerous areas of the field.”
“However, this doesn’t mean we are perfect. There were some mistakes that we will work on in order to avoid them from happening,” the 32-year-old said.
Mido then commented on Ahmed Tawfik and newly signed right-back Ramzy Khaled who both were not included in Zamalek’s squad that faced Dakhleya.
“Ahmed Tawfik is in good condition and is training well. He should be available for our encounter with ENPPI,” he said. “Khaled is still being registered as a Zamalek players, and his absence has no technical reasoning.”
Zamalek currently sit in fourth place with 21 points, two points from the top and with two games in hand.