Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mido: First game as Zamalek manager is a great success
Newly appointed Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam Mido outlined his side’s positives in his first match since returning to the White Castle on Khaled El-Ghandour’s televised show.
Mido had been appointed as manager of the first team, replacing Marcos Paqueta, less than a month after parting ways with Ismaily’s board under tense conditions.
Less than 24 hours after getting the job, Mido faced undefeated side Dakhleya in the Egyptian Premier League, but the former Spurs and Roma striker successfully led Zamalek to a 2-0 win.
“We have gained many positives from our victory over Dakhleya,” declared Mido. “The first positive is the players’ regaining of morale following recent upsetting results.”
“Secondly, the players showed great chemistry and character on the field, passing the ball around in close range,” he explained. “Thirdly, we successfully pressured and regained ball possession in dangerous areas of the field.”
“However, this doesn’t mean we are perfect. There were some mistakes that we will work on in order to avoid them from happening,” the 32-year-old said.
Mido then commented on Ahmed Tawfik and newly signed right-back Ramzy Khaled who both were not included in Zamalek’s squad that faced Dakhleya.
“Ahmed Tawfik is in good condition and is training well. He should be available for our encounter with ENPPI,” he said. “Khaled is still being registered as a Zamalek players, and his absence has no technical reasoning.”
Zamalek currently sit in fourth place with 21 points, two points from the top and with two games in hand.