Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Koka scores brace in Braga’s 3-0 win over Académica
Sporting Braga returned to winning ways after trashing Académica 3-0 in the 16th round of the league, with Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scoring a brace taking his tally this season to six goals.
Things didn’t start well for the visitors as Académica midfielder Nuno Piloto was sent off in 26 minute, five minutes later Koka scored his first goal of the game with an excellent one-touch finish after he received a great pass from his team-mate.
Braga’s second goal came by the Serbian forward Nikola Stojiljković in the added time of the first half.
In the second half, Braga continued their fine showing as Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored his side third goal just five minutes before the final whistle, The Egyptian scored a fine header after he received a cross from the club’s captain Alan to make it three and seal the game.
It’s worth noting that Koka has managed to score brace against Académica last season, when he led Rio Ave and scored twice in the space of four minutes to beat Académica 3-0 in the Primeira Liga.
By this win, Sporting Braga are now fourth with 29 points, while Académica sit in the 16th place with 13 points.
Braga’s next game will be against league leaders Sporting Lisbon on the 10th of January while Académica’s next game will be against struggling Tondela.