Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Arsene Wenger: Mohamed El-Nenny move should be finalised soon
In his pre-match press conference on Friday Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that Mohamed El-Nenny’s transfer will be done in 2-3 days.
The Arsenal coach was facing the media today ahead of the Gunners’ FA Cup clash against Sunderland, where he confirmed where his club currently stand in the procedure.
Earlier this month, Basel confirmed that the transfer is set to take place, with Wenger now confirming the club are close to finalising the deal.
“It is complicated a little bit but we are working hard on it,” Wenger said when asked about El-Nenny. “Hopefully in the next two or three days we will get to the end of it.”
Arsenal have been locked in negotiations with the Egyptian since before the opening of the January transfer window, with KingFut confirming this week that he’s gained international clearance. All that remains is for the defensive midfielder, who is currently in Switzerland, to receive his visa to travel to the UK and put pen-to-paper on the four-and-a-half year contract.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 5, 2016
It’s worth noting that Arsenal take on Sunderland in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, at 17:00 CLT.