Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Jose Peseiro on win: I am happy and upset
After Al Ahly’s 7-3 win against Ittihad El-Shorta Jose Peseiro exclaimed, “I am happy and upset.
“I am happy not just because we scored 7 goals, but for scoring most of our chances created. We could have created 20 chances and score nothing, but we scored 7 goals and this is a very good point.”
Conceding three times, however, displeased the Portuguese: “I feel upset to see many defensive mistakes that led to allowing three goals, and we should work on these mistakes to overcome them,” Peseiro explained.
Peseiro refused to answer any questions regarding the upcoming Arab Contractors match, but he mentioned that Saleh Gomaa replaced the suspended Hossam Ghaly against Ittihad El-Shorta’s match, and that he plans to announce soon whoever will be replacing Ghaly in their next fixture.
Ittihad El-Shorta manager Fathi Mabrouk discussed the reasons behind the 7-3 loss to his former employers: “Goalkeeper Essam Saad was unlucky throughout the 90 minutes, in addition to the tactics that Peseiro employed to take control over the pitch and attack through the middle and the flanks.”
Nevertheless, Mabrouk expressed his approval of his side’s performance against Al Ahly, seeing as his players “lack experience compared to Al Ahly’s”.