KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Jose Peseiro on win: I am happy and upset
Al Ahly Manager Jose Peseiro revealed that he felt both ‘happy and upset’ at the same time after his side’s win against Ittihad El-Shorta on Thursday.
After Al Ahly’s 7-3 win against Ittihad El-Shorta Jose Peseiro exclaimed, “I am happy and upset.
“I am happy not just because we scored 7 goals, but for scoring most of our chances created. We could have created 20 chances and score nothing, but we scored 7 goals and this is a very good point.”
Conceding three times, however, displeased the Portuguese: “I feel upset to see many defensive mistakes that led to allowing three goals, and we should work on these mistakes to overcome them,” Peseiro explained.
Peseiro refused to answer any questions regarding the upcoming Arab Contractors match, but he mentioned that Saleh Gomaa replaced the suspended Hossam Ghaly against Ittihad El-Shorta’s match, and that he plans to announce soon whoever will be replacing Ghaly in their next fixture.
Ittihad El-Shorta manager Fathi Mabrouk discussed the reasons behind the 7-3 loss to his former employers: “Goalkeeper Essam Saad was unlucky throughout the 90 minutes, in addition to the tactics that Peseiro employed to take control over the pitch and attack through the middle and the flanks.”
Nevertheless, Mabrouk expressed his approval of his side’s performance against Al Ahly, seeing as his players “lack experience compared to Al Ahly’s”.