Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Jose Peseiro on win: I am happy and upset
After Al Ahly’s 7-3 win against Ittihad El-Shorta Jose Peseiro exclaimed, “I am happy and upset.
“I am happy not just because we scored 7 goals, but for scoring most of our chances created. We could have created 20 chances and score nothing, but we scored 7 goals and this is a very good point.”
Conceding three times, however, displeased the Portuguese: “I feel upset to see many defensive mistakes that led to allowing three goals, and we should work on these mistakes to overcome them,” Peseiro explained.
Peseiro refused to answer any questions regarding the upcoming Arab Contractors match, but he mentioned that Saleh Gomaa replaced the suspended Hossam Ghaly against Ittihad El-Shorta’s match, and that he plans to announce soon whoever will be replacing Ghaly in their next fixture.
Ittihad El-Shorta manager Fathi Mabrouk discussed the reasons behind the 7-3 loss to his former employers: “Goalkeeper Essam Saad was unlucky throughout the 90 minutes, in addition to the tactics that Peseiro employed to take control over the pitch and attack through the middle and the flanks.”
Nevertheless, Mabrouk expressed his approval of his side’s performance against Al Ahly, seeing as his players “lack experience compared to Al Ahly’s”.