Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Jose Peseiro on win: I am happy and upset
Al Ahly Manager Jose Peseiro revealed that he felt both ‘happy and upset’ at the same time after his side’s win against Ittihad El-Shorta on Thursday.
After Al Ahly’s 7-3 win against Ittihad El-Shorta Jose Peseiro exclaimed, “I am happy and upset.
“I am happy not just because we scored 7 goals, but for scoring most of our chances created. We could have created 20 chances and score nothing, but we scored 7 goals and this is a very good point.”
Conceding three times, however, displeased the Portuguese: “I feel upset to see many defensive mistakes that led to allowing three goals, and we should work on these mistakes to overcome them,” Peseiro explained.
Peseiro refused to answer any questions regarding the upcoming Arab Contractors match, but he mentioned that Saleh Gomaa replaced the suspended Hossam Ghaly against Ittihad El-Shorta’s match, and that he plans to announce soon whoever will be replacing Ghaly in their next fixture.
Ittihad El-Shorta manager Fathi Mabrouk discussed the reasons behind the 7-3 loss to his former employers: “Goalkeeper Essam Saad was unlucky throughout the 90 minutes, in addition to the tactics that Peseiro employed to take control over the pitch and attack through the middle and the flanks.”
Nevertheless, Mabrouk expressed his approval of his side’s performance against Al Ahly, seeing as his players “lack experience compared to Al Ahly’s”.