Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Patrice Carteron quits as TP Mazembe’s coach
Carteron decided not to renew his contract with Congolese club which ended on the 23rd of December, a couple of days after the club’s disappointing run in the FIFA Club World Cup.
The French coach took helm at Mazembe in 2013, where he won the domestic league twice and won the club’s fifth CAF Champions League title last November after winning 4-1 on aggregate against Algerian side USM Alger.
The former Mali national team manager was appointed after earning a third place finish with Mali in the African Cup of Nations, but due to disappointing losses against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Club América, they ending up sixth in the Club World Cup, he decided not to renew his contract with the club and quit.
TP Mazembe are set to face Etoile Sportive du Sahel, CAF Confederation Cup winners, in the African Super Cup next month in Lubumbashi.