AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Patrice Carteron quits as TP Mazembe’s coach
Carteron decided not to renew his contract with Congolese club which ended on the 23rd of December, a couple of days after the club’s disappointing run in the FIFA Club World Cup.
The French coach took helm at Mazembe in 2013, where he won the domestic league twice and won the club’s fifth CAF Champions League title last November after winning 4-1 on aggregate against Algerian side USM Alger.
The former Mali national team manager was appointed after earning a third place finish with Mali in the African Cup of Nations, but due to disappointing losses against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Club América, they ending up sixth in the Club World Cup, he decided not to renew his contract with the club and quit.
TP Mazembe are set to face Etoile Sportive du Sahel, CAF Confederation Cup winners, in the African Super Cup next month in Lubumbashi.