Egypt international Amr Warda assisted twice in his league debut with PAOK as...
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
Patrice Carteron quits as TP Mazembe’s coach
Carteron decided not to renew his contract with Congolese club which ended on the 23rd of December, a couple of days after the club’s disappointing run in the FIFA Club World Cup.
The French coach took helm at Mazembe in 2013, where he won the domestic league twice and won the club’s fifth CAF Champions League title last November after winning 4-1 on aggregate against Algerian side USM Alger.
The former Mali national team manager was appointed after earning a third place finish with Mali in the African Cup of Nations, but due to disappointing losses against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Club América, they ending up sixth in the Club World Cup, he decided not to renew his contract with the club and quit.
TP Mazembe are set to face Etoile Sportive du Sahel, CAF Confederation Cup winners, in the African Super Cup next month in Lubumbashi.