Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Patrice Carteron quits as TP Mazembe’s coach
Carteron decided not to renew his contract with Congolese club which ended on the 23rd of December, a couple of days after the club’s disappointing run in the FIFA Club World Cup.
The French coach took helm at Mazembe in 2013, where he won the domestic league twice and won the club’s fifth CAF Champions League title last November after winning 4-1 on aggregate against Algerian side USM Alger.
The former Mali national team manager was appointed after earning a third place finish with Mali in the African Cup of Nations, but due to disappointing losses against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Club América, they ending up sixth in the Club World Cup, he decided not to renew his contract with the club and quit.
TP Mazembe are set to face Etoile Sportive du Sahel, CAF Confederation Cup winners, in the African Super Cup next month in Lubumbashi.