Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahli solve Abdel-Shafy dispute
Al-Ahli Jeddah have solved their dispute with Zamalek over the transfer of Egypt left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy.
Zamalek have been in talks with Al-Ahli over the payment of Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s fee since his transfer over a year ago, with Mortada Mansour threatening to cancel Abdel-Shafy’s contract.
Al-Ahli owed Zamalek the sum of $1,300,000 USD (over 10 million Egyptian pounds), from the 21.8 million EGP deal agreed last summer. The deal made Abdel-Shafy the Egyptian Premier League’s most expensive export in history.
A source inside Al-Ahli informed KingFut that the fee has been transferred on the 7th of January to the Cairo giants.
The source also confirmed that the player’s absence from the last four matches was due to a knee injury and has nothing to do with the dispute between clubs.
Abdel-Shafy is with the club in Al Ain, Emirates, for their mid-season training camp and is set to feature normally for the Jeddah titans after his return from injury.