Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahli solve Abdel-Shafy dispute
Zamalek have been in talks with Al-Ahli over the payment of Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s fee since his transfer over a year ago, with Mortada Mansour threatening to cancel Abdel-Shafy’s contract.
Al-Ahli owed Zamalek the sum of $1,300,000 USD (over 10 million Egyptian pounds), from the 21.8 million EGP deal agreed last summer. The deal made Abdel-Shafy the Egyptian Premier League’s most expensive export in history.
A source inside Al-Ahli informed KingFut that the fee has been transferred on the 7th of January to the Cairo giants.
The source also confirmed that the player’s absence from the last four matches was due to a knee injury and has nothing to do with the dispute between clubs.
Abdel-Shafy is with the club in Al Ain, Emirates, for their mid-season training camp and is set to feature normally for the Jeddah titans after his return from injury.