Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahli solve Abdel-Shafy dispute
Al-Ahli Jeddah have solved their dispute with Zamalek over the transfer of Egypt left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy.
Zamalek have been in talks with Al-Ahli over the payment of Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s fee since his transfer over a year ago, with Mortada Mansour threatening to cancel Abdel-Shafy’s contract.
Al-Ahli owed Zamalek the sum of $1,300,000 USD (over 10 million Egyptian pounds), from the 21.8 million EGP deal agreed last summer. The deal made Abdel-Shafy the Egyptian Premier League’s most expensive export in history.
A source inside Al-Ahli informed KingFut that the fee has been transferred on the 7th of January to the Cairo giants.
The source also confirmed that the player’s absence from the last four matches was due to a knee injury and has nothing to do with the dispute between clubs.
Abdel-Shafy is with the club in Al Ain, Emirates, for their mid-season training camp and is set to feature normally for the Jeddah titans after his return from injury.