Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Egypt manager Cuper favors Salah in CAF Awards
The Dortmund striker was crowned 2015’s Best African Player with 143 points from coaches’s votes in Lagos, Nigeria, topping Ivory Coast’s Yaya Toure, and Ghana’s Andre Ayew who came second and third, respectively. The Gabonese striker had registered a total combination of 36 goals and assists in the Bundesliga in 2015.
As Egypt head coach, Cuper was given a chance to nominate his top five choices for the award. The Argentine picked Mohamed Salah, Yaya Toure, Sadio Mane, Andre Ayew, and Sofiane Feghouli, in that order.
Out of Cuper’s five choices, only Toure and Ayew were listed in the CAF Awards official top three. Manchester City’s Toure received 136 points from coaches’ votes, while Swansea City’s Ayew received 112.