Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Egypt manager Cuper favors Salah in CAF Awards
The Dortmund striker was crowned 2015’s Best African Player with 143 points from coaches’s votes in Lagos, Nigeria, topping Ivory Coast’s Yaya Toure, and Ghana’s Andre Ayew who came second and third, respectively. The Gabonese striker had registered a total combination of 36 goals and assists in the Bundesliga in 2015.
As Egypt head coach, Cuper was given a chance to nominate his top five choices for the award. The Argentine picked Mohamed Salah, Yaya Toure, Sadio Mane, Andre Ayew, and Sofiane Feghouli, in that order.
Out of Cuper’s five choices, only Toure and Ayew were listed in the CAF Awards official top three. Manchester City’s Toure received 136 points from coaches’ votes, while Swansea City’s Ayew received 112.