Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Court rejects appeal against dissolving Al Ahly board
An administrative court has rejected on Sunday Al Ahly’s appeal against a previous court ruling to dissolve the club’s board.
The court has previously announced nullifying the 2014 elections, which resulted in the election of the current board, due to procedural failure. The board, led by Mahmoud Taher, submitted an appeal against the decision, however, it was rejected on Sunday.
Al Ahly board members however have one more chance to maintain their positions, as on Wednesday Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court is set to announce its decision to accept or reject the club’s appeal against the Administrative Court’s decision.
In case the appeal was rejected, it will be the first time in the history of the Cairo-based club that the board of directors to get dissolved by such a ruling.
Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz said in press statements that he didn’t want to destabilize Al Ahly, but he is now obliged to implement decisions taken by the court.
“The ministry of sports will issue its final decision regarding the future of the board on Thursday, after the issuance of the verdict of Al Ahly’s appeal at the Supreme Administrative Court,” Abdel-Aziz said.
Following Sunday’s ruling, Al Ahly chairman Mahmoud Taher stressed his respect for the judicial rulings, while asserting that they have taken all the legal actions needed to protect the rights and choices of the general assembly.
“The council was chosen in a free and fair elections, and it didn’t commit any errors,” Taher said in a statement on Al Ahly official website.
Taher added that the current board isn’t looking for personal gains, asserting that the stability of the club is more important.
Taher also expressed his appreciation for the efforts made by the minister of youth and sports to solve the problem and maintain stability at Al Ahly.
The club has previously stated that the procedural mistake wasn’t the responsibility of the current board, implying that it happened during the former board’s era and stating that it didn’t affect the voting process.